Rifle Range Hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00AM until 8:00PM, or sunset, whichever comes first.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM until 6:00PM, or sunset, whichever comes first.
Shooting hours are for the rifle range only.
The Garretson Sportsmen's Club rifle range is a covered facility on the grounds of the Garretson Sportsmen's Club.
25yd Rifle/Pistol Range
The 25yd combination rifle/pistol range has 7 concrete benches (one wheelchair accessible) with wooden stools and features portable target frames which can be placed at any desired distance.
100 yd Rifle Range
The 100 yd rifle range has 8 concrete benches (one wheelchair accessible). Sand filled baffles were recently installed on the 100 and 200 yd. ranges to catch stray bullets.
200 yd Rifle Range
The 200 yd range has 4 concrete benches (one wheelchair accessible). Video cameras have been mounted in front of the target frames on the 100 and 200 yard ranges. Images can be viewed on monitors mounted over the shooting benches.
- 100 yd. with 8 concrete benches (1 wheelchair accessible)
- 200 yd. with 4 concrete benches (1 wheelchair accessible)
- 25 yd. combination rifle/pistol with 7 concrete benches (1 wheelchair accessible)
- All target frames are portable to place at range desired by the shooter
- The ranges have bench rests, target stands, and a stool to sit on. (remember to bring your own targets, stapler, and rest to steady your rifle.)
- No daily fee, once you are a member. Open seven days a week. The range is only closed when field work is being done behind the backstops and for the occasional maintenance or improvement.
- All shooters using the outdoor rifle range must be current paid members or have a valid one day pass. There are no "guest" shooters allowed. They must purchase a one-day pass to the rifle range from Gary's Gun Shop in Sioux Falls or the Jesse James Store (Local Zip Gas Station) 300 Dows Street, Garretson, SD. No credit cards accepted, cash or check only.
II Top of page II II Home Page II
Garretson Sportsmen's Club 2016